Saturday, December 30, 2006

Home again

Aaaaah, the holidays are almost over. Whew! We've been on a roll non-stop since Dec 23rd I think. We had wonderful Christmas celebrations with my side and Roy's side of our family. The kids received lots of nice gifts, even some clothes! Aaron was sick on Christmas morning, but seemed to recover for several hours, long enough to eat dinner and open presents. As always, we left Roy's parents really late, and we would have liked to stay another night, but work beckoned.

The kids are slowly exploring their new toys and gadgets. Lily played with her Dora the Explorer doll a lot today, changing outfits and such. Aaron is infatuated with his iPod shuffle, and looks like a teenager with those white earbuds.

The kids spent a few days with Papa Bob this week, due to a daycare holiday (Lily) and low fever and a cold (Aaron). Both kids are doing much better, and hopefully that nasty flu is behind us.

We took 4 bags of old clothes to Goodwill today, which barely made a dent in the huge stack of things to take there, but it's a start. I kept out a few of Lily's handmade dresses from Nicaragua, I just can't part with them. Most of Aaron's old jeans have holes in the knees, but I donated them too in case they use the materials or something. Not sure about that!

To switch things up today we (the kids, Aunt Sarah and I) went to Perkins instead of IHOP. I sure missed IHOP's pancakes, they are hands-down the BEST pancakes ever, especially the whole grain pancakes - yum!!

I'm trying skinnier needles for knitting, as the big ones make my hands hurt. I like the smaller ones because the stitches are smaller and look nicer. All I can make are scarves (not that I've actually finished any). I have a few small projects in the works though.

We're looking forward to a long weekend, with both Roy and I off through Tuesday, and Aaron doesn't go back to school until Wednesday. We'll keep Lily home on Tuesday with the rest of us too. Maybe we'll catch a movie. I'd like to see Happy Feet, and Aaron wants to see A Night at the Museum. We'll see what's playing at the Collins Theater - can't beat $4 movies!

Bye for now, I'll have more news later I'm sure.....








powered by performancing firefox

No comments: