Monday, February 12, 2007

It's a new car!

I got my new Scion xB on Wednesday, and I LOVE it. My mom and sister actually let me drive to Williamsburg on Friday for a quick shopping trip, and then to Iowa City for lunch with Gpa Louis. They both hate my driving, but they didn't get critical until the way home from Iowa City. I expected worse, really. Sarah said Baby Charlie didn't like my driving (she got sick when she got home).

Gpa treated us to lunch at the Mid-Town Cafe, which is on the east side of Iowa City. He said it's named "Mid-Town" for when it really is in the middle of town. The food was good, my burger was tasty and everyone else liked their food too.

After that we went to Grandpa's apartment, and I showed him how to send emails. He knows how to read them, he just forgot how to send them. I've successfully received 2 emails from him now, and I think Aaron got one too. Hopefully now he can keep in touch more!

Dale & Myriam got their Scion xB on Saturday morning, a week after it arrived. Unfortunately, the paperwork was several days late and they had to wait. Myriam drove it home from Dubuque, and she said it made it up the hills around Guttenberg just fine (whew!). It's a lot smaller engine than their BMW, but much more practical-gas mileage, cake transport, etc. Plus it's just unique, especially in their area. Roy can't wait for a photo with all 3 xB's in the family now! She even liked the color I picked out - Salsa Red Pearl - NICE!





powered by performancing firefox

No comments: