Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The jig is up!

So Lily and I are just nicely home around 5 pm, when 4 of Aaron's friends show up, with bathing suits on and towels in hand. One of their dad's had brought them over, and he was under the impression that I was aware of this whole plan. The only problem is - no I wasn't aware, Aaron hadn't asked or said anything about it! And, Aaron wasn't even home yet! So, I went to pick him up and he says, "Oh yeah, I meant to tell you I told them to come over to swim tonight". What??? You meant to tell me? We had a talk about asking permission first before he invites friends over. I let them stay though, being to cool, level-headed mom that I am (sputter-cough-choke).

The dad stayed for awhile too, so I wasn't the only adult to watch 6 screaming monkeys jumping in our little pop-up pool. All the kids were good, and they had lots of fun. Most of them only stayed an hour, and the last two were leaving by 6:45. By then the kids and I were starving, so I whipped up some Kraft mac & cheese on the stove. I'm such a culinary mastermind.

The whole summer better not be like this!

No comments: