Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Coming up on 16-week ultrasound!

Our 16-week ultrasound is tomorrow afternoon and Lily gets to come along.  Aaron is really weirded out by the alien babies, so he's staying home.  Maybe he'll come around once we get some more pictures. 


I suppose it's too much to ask what genders these babies are (too early), but I want to know so bad!  I'm going to at least ask the ultrasound tech for her best guesses. For some reason I would really like a boy and a girl.  I suppose it's my OCD tendencies, as my sister would say.

I've felt some tiny kicking here and there, mostly when laying down quietly. More on my right side than my left. I have noticed quite a bit of squirming. One side of my belly gets tight, like maybe a head or a tushie sticking up?!  So weird knowing there's two babies in there.  


I'm hoping to keep working until at least October 16th, my 10-year anniversary with TFS. Then I'll have a lot more paid leave time if I need it for bedrest and maternity leave.  Really, my job is not stressful and I'm sitting on my booty all day.  Barring no complications, I should be able to work for a good long while yet. Please God?!


I've had more energy now that I'm in my 2nd trimester. I actually loaded the dishwasher last night - wow, Roy was impressed.  Roy and Aaron have been working on cleaning out the basement to make space for Aaron's new room.  I'd love to just throw everything out, but my hoarder tendencies get in the way.  We plan to set up a downstairs nursery area in the dining room while the babies are little, especially since I'm having a c-section again.  Stairs = Ouch. A c-section is definitely planned, no other option for me.  I'm fine with that, really!  I just won't make the mistake of trying to sleep on a regular bed in the hospital like I did when Lily was born - that was too much too soon.  


TMI ALERT..........
I've been reading up on nursing twins at the same time.  Maribeth U. has been very helpful with my questions!  Hopefully we can get breastfeeding established with both of the babies without too much trouble. We have a deep-freeze lined up for pumped milk, extra food, etc. 


I mentioned to my sister that we were thinking about making our own baby food with a food processor, and she said, "Yeah, right!"  So maybe that won't happen, we'll see.  
I admitted to Roy that I've been "milking it" sometimes, so he's been pointing it out now and then.  We were at Sam's and I wanted to get a 24 pack of pop, and I looked at him expectantly like, "Are you going to get that for me?" and he called me on it. "What would you do if I wasn't here?!"  Ok, I'd pick it up no problemo. Got me.  


I've bought some maternity clothes, and some loaners from friends and my sister. I should be set for awhile!  I outgrew my regular clothes in no time, plus it was depressing to wear the bigger clothes I'd just slimmed down from (I'd lost 25 lbs with Weight Watchers before the pregnancy).  I bought the new maternity clothes in the next bigger size, so hopefully they'll fit all the way to the end.  37 weeks will be December 13th. Will we make it that far?  I hope so, only God knows. We keep praying for healthy babies, healthy momma, and no bedrest!  I'm looking forward to being home and cozy with the babies during the cold winter, at least the 8 weeks of maternity leave I'm planning on. 


Well, this is long, and I'll post more tomorrow after our 2-hour ultrasound and appointment.  Good thing I have Thursday afternoons off!  

No comments: