Monday, December 18, 2006

What a Weekend

As predicted, this was a crazy, busy weekend. Friday night with Roy's co-workers was a blast as always. I know everyone by now so I'm not intimidated, and I even get some of their inside jokes! Elizabeth watched the kids for us, and our dog is now totally in love with her. She spoiled him rotten while we were gone! She and Lily did their hair and make-up too. Aaron did not participate in that as far as I know!

The kids did really well at rehearsal for the Christmas program on Saturday. While they were there (about 1 hour), I speed-shopped at the mall for a shirt to wear to my work party on Saturday night. No luck, so my LOVELY sister took the kids in the afternoon so I could go to a couple more stores. I found exactly what I wanted at Cato of all places. I never think to go there, but I usually find something I like, at a good price too. So anyway, I wore a black skirt, a cranberry red shirt, and Mom's black velvet blazer. You may be thinking, yikes, she wore her Mom's clothes? Yeah, her taste is getting MUCH better! :-)

My work party was a lot of fun, they played Deal or No Deal 4 times, and everyone that played (pre-drawn names) won some cash. That got everyone in the audience involved, screaming "DEAL!" or "NO DEAL!", as appropriate, just like on the real game show. They gave away a ton of prizes too, but alas, none for me or anyone else at our table. Next year!!

Sunday morning was a great worship service. Pastor Sam is an excellent story teller, and he portrayed the publican's point of view during Jesus' birth and the family's fleeing to Egypt. I love how he commands your attention, he had us hanging on every word. Chris played an excellent song that I hadn't heard before, the tag line was, "It wasn't a silent night in David's town". I'm not sure of the name, but I might try to find the song on iTunes. Oh, the church now has a grand piano!!! It's such a rich sound, and it's beautiful!

Aaron started coughing badly on Sunday morning, and it kept getting worse. After 1st service we got him some cough medicine. Sunday at lunch Aaron was very cold, but he felt warm - I did the Mom test, hand on his forehead. We all took naps after lunch, and Aaron woke up with a slight temp - 100 degrees, and coughing again. We gave him some more medicine and cough drops, and a little while later he decided to still do the Christmas Program. He did a great job, and we could hear him singing! He loves to sing, and every Sunday somebody makes sure to tell him that. He gets his voice from Roy, not me! On the last song, they sang and signed the song, and as usual Aaron' did the signs left-handed. It's cute though!

Again, the grand piano sounded amazing. The drama team got us all swaying and clapping when everyone sang "Go Tell it on the Mountain". Janice's video was powerful, including scenes from "The Passion". I haven't seen the movie yet, I'm almost scared to because it's such an intense movie. I know I need to see it though.

Lily was all dressed up for the program, and her group put on lamb ears for their song, "Away in a Manger". She did an excellent job with the song and the actions. Then her group did a poem, and she did a great job with that too! She's one of the older ones in her Sunday School group, and next school year she'll be moving up to Miss Kathy's class (Pre-K & Kindergarten). We're thinking of Alternative Kindergarten for her next year, since she won't be 5 until the end of September. (She has to be 5 by Sept 15th for kindergarten or take a test to qualify). I feel like she'd be bored in preschool, since they do all kinds of phonics learning activities at daycare. We are SO happy with our daycare provider, she's the best!

After the program, there was fellowship (read "food") in the basement, and Aaron was not his usual self. At first he was playing with the other kids, but later I found him lounging on a couch, so we headed home. This morning I asked him how he felt, and he said "SICK." Duh, Mommy. He had a 101 temp, so we kept him home from school. Roy didn't have to work until noon, so I left work at 11:30 and we switched nurse duties. Actually, Aaron's just vegging on the couch, eating some chicken noodle soup (his favorite), and watching Spongebob Squarepants. He was worried about missing his spelling test though. He inherited my "human dictionary" gene, and love of spelling.

Sorry this got so LONG!

powered by performancing firefox

No comments: