Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Alien babies, weekend plans

Today the kids and I went with Aunt Sarah to her ultrasound. Aaron seemed very interested, and he pointed out some things, a spine, a head, and then we saw Baby A's feet kicking. Both kids were excited about that! The ultrasound tech said Baby A was kicking Baby B in the head, but we couldn't really tell. Lily was more interested in looking at the ultrasound wand on Aunt Sarah's tummy. We dubbed them the "alien babies" the first time we saw the 3D pics. They looked weird!! I think Baby B (Zoe) will be a little princess. She was calmer than Baby A (David). Sarah said David keeps kicking her like crazy.

The ultrasound was at 8:30, so I called Aaron's school and said he'd be late, probably by 10:00. Aaron did not like the idea of being late for school, but he wanted to go with us. We brought his backpack with us to the doctor's office, and we got him to school by 9:15 - only 10 minutes late! He was very glad he wasn't that late, but anxious to get inside. As usual, I only got a kiss blown to me - you never know who might see you kissing your MOM goodbye - yuck!

Lillian stayed home with me for a little while. She helped me do dishes - I washed, she rinsed, and I helped put them in the drainer. I took her to Michelle's around 10, I have to work in a little while. It's nice to have the morning off, but the afternoon kind of drags once I get to work. At least it's not a full day!

We're looking forward to camping this weekend. It's our annual All Scion Show 4.0 weekend in Ames, IA! I'm doing lots of laundry since with camping we'll need to run the gamut of spring/summer clothing, including jackets, sweatshirts, jeans, shorts, tank tops, t-shirts, etc. You get the idea. The Scion Show begins Friday night with a "Night Glow" contest - best lights after dark. Then Saturday is the big show with judging beginning at 12:00. It will be a long, hot day in the sun, but a blast! COME ON OVER TO WILSON OF AMES FOR THE ALL SCION SHOW 4.0 on Saturday!!!

On Sunday we plan to take the kids to the Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines. My G&G took my brother and I there as kids, and I remember loving it. We went to Living History Farms with G&G too, but I don't know if we'll have time to do both on Sunday. I thought about going to the zoo because Lily and I went to the Bever Park Old MacDonald's Farm "zoo" last week on my day off. It's a small farm zoo with just farm animals and ducks. She like the goats, donkeys, sheep, etc, but kept asking where the hippos and giraffes were, like Daddy saw in Kenya. Time for a "real" zoo!!

No comments: