Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Babies!

Hello everyone, Auntie Bridgit here! My twin niece and nephew were born today, whoo-hoo!!

Zoe Elizabeth weighed 6 lb 1oz - 20" long.
David Jacob weighed 6 lb 5oz - 20" long.

The babies are doing fine. Sarah is very groggy and tired.
Brett is a proud daddy! Grandma Iris says the babies both have dark hair, and they look so much alike you'd think they were identical (they aren't!). Zoe was sucking on her fingers like crazy.

Update:

Zoe is doing well under the warmer in the nursery. Once her temperature is stabilized she'll have a bath! David had a little trouble breathing and is in the NICU for the night as a precaution, but should be fine. Both of the babies are so long!

Sarah is still groggy, but the nurse was getting ready to help her up for walk when we left tonight. Brett is beaming! He took us (Roy, me, Lily & Aaron) to the regular nursery to see Zoe. When we got to the nurses station, he said, "I'd like to see my daugh-daughter." It was so cute, it was the first time he'd said "my daughter"! Zoe has plump little cheeks and long feet, and Grandma says David looks just like Zoe. We can't wait to see David tomorrow, and hopefully hold them both!

I'll post a few pictures of Zoe, hopefully I'll have pictures of David tomorrow!

G'night,

Auntie Bridgit




1 comment:

sophiefoss said...

Oh what beautiful babies!!! I'm so thrilled that they are here, safe and healthy. Congrats to everybody. Ohhhhh, I hope to be an aunt someday..... I'll probably be driving a hover-round by then.
Congrats to all!!
Love,
Kelly and boys