Thursday, July 01, 2010

It's Sinking In....

It's been a week since we found out about the twins on the way, and the news is sinking in. We usually say "babies" now, instead of "baby".  We found a book about Twins, Triplets, and Quads that is pretty helpful about nutrition, although fairly extreme about eating meat.  I've had some advice from friends/family about how to add protein to my diet without just eating meat all the time.  My belly is definitely growing!  I read that I'll measure about 6-8 weeks ahead of a singleton pregnancy, so I look about 20 weeks prego now.  I was kind of wondering why I was showing already (before the ultrasound).  It helps to know it's because of two babies!  
I spent most of Friday getting nothing done at work.  I showed the twins' ultrasound picture to anyone that walked by, plus some people at lunch, on break, etc.  I couldn't shut up!!  I think the more I told people, the more it sunk in for me. 
On Saturday we went to a wedding, and I could still wear my empire waist dress - good!  I told one of the wedding guests we were having twins - a complete stranger!  I am a dork. 
The reception was outside, and it was a very humid day, so I didn't last long in the heat.  We came home and relaxed in the air conditioning for awhile.  Ahhhh.....

No comments: