Monday, December 13, 2010

37 Weeks and Counting

Nope, no babies yet.  I'm officially on leave from work as of today.  I have extreme swelling in my feet, legs, and hands, but no pre-eclampsia - blood pressure has been insanely normal.  We plan a c-section on Dec 21st, and my doctor is pretty sure we'll get there.  I have some mini-projects to do yet, but mostly getting lots of rest for next week.  Last night I had a few Braxton-Hicks contractions, which freaked Roy out, but they were far apart and nothing to worry about.

The babies have passed their weekly non-stress tests, although Baby B likes to get off the monitor just enough to make the nurse re-position it.  We wonder if these trends will continue after they're born?!  Both babies are around 6 lbs as of our ultrasound this past Thursday (Dec 9th).  My belly is measuring 52 weeks.  We wonder how big these babies will be in 1 more week?!!

I have swallowed my pride and used the motorized carts at both Target and Walmart, and I must say Walmart's carts are way more comfortable.  The kids were slightly embarrassed, but I can't walk around for more than 5 minutes without major back pain.  I just make sure my belly is sticking out enough for everyone to see (ha!).

Roy got a ton of groceries over the weekend, so I'm set to be home this week with plenty of healthy snacks.  He's under so much stress doing everything at home now too - we're usually partners with the household stuff.  Aaron and Lily have been very helpful too, but they're still kids.  They loaded the dishwasher, then Roy re-loaded it, but the idea is there that the kids need to clean up after themselves (i.e. rinse your cereal bowls!).  We got a fabulous new laundry sorter so our hallway doesn't become a big laundry heap (again).  I do wonder how the pets will react to the babies.  Loki (dog) has been my shadow lately, always under my feet or nearby.  He knows something's up.  The cat doesn't care at this point, but I bet she hides in the basement a lot after the babies are home. It's her "safe place".  Fine w/me.

Off to nap!

1 comment:

Tiffanie Lloyd said...

I waddle with just one in there, so you go ahead and waddle it up girl! No one will blame you. :)

Getting closer now! Are you guys ready for this?! Glad to hear the kids are helping out a bit.

Can't wait to meet the boys!